Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Love and Other Foreign Words

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on. 

Title: Love and Other Foreign Words
Author: Erin McCahan
Publisher: Dial
Date of Release: May 1, 2014 


Goodreads Description: Sixteen-year-old Josie lives her life in translation. She speaks High School, College, Friends, Boyfriends, Break-ups, and even the language of Beautiful Girls. But none of these is her native tongue--the only people who speak that are her best friend Stu and her sister Kate. So when Kate gets engaged to an epically insufferable guy, how can Josie see it as anything but the mistake of a lifetime? Kate is determined to bend Josie to her will for the wedding; Josie is determined to break Kate and her fiancĂ© up. As battles are waged over secrets and semantics, Josie is forced to examine her feelings for the boyfriend who says he loves her, the sister she loves but doesn't always like, and the best friend who hasn't said a word--at least not in a language Josie understands. 

Why am I waiting? I loved McCahan's debut novel I Now Pronounce You Someone Else when I read it way back in 2010 and have been patiently waiting for her sophomore novel. I hope the four years of wait will be worth it!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting. Will add it to my list

    Check our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just featured this book as my WoW pick a few weeks ago and though I haven't read Erin's debut novel, this one I definitely wouldn't miss. Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa a four years wait for the next book, such a long time. Love and Other Foreign Words sounds like a cute read. Not impressed by the cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this author's debut novel, but this one sounds quite interesting. It's my first time coming across it so thanks for putting it on my radar! I love the cover. I hope it lives up to your expectations, Z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, four years is a long time to go between novels, is it not? Not that I'm saying it's so easy to write a book or anything because I definitely wouldn't be able to complete one EVER, not to mention in four years time. But ANYWAYS. It's good to hear that you'll get to read another book by this author you love. I don't recall ever hearing of her first book so I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo this sounds like it's going to be interesting Z! So glad that an author you love and have been waiting for to write something else has finally done so!!! May's not such a long wait when compared to the years you've already spent waiting:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.