Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Unraveling and Sweet Evil

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on. 

Title: Unraveling
Author: Elizabeth Norris
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Date of Release: April 24, 2012 

Goodreads Description: Two days before the start of her junior year, seventeen-year-old Janelle Tenner is hit by a pickup truck and killed - as in blinding light, scenes of her life flashing before her, and then nothing. Except the next thing she knows, she's opening her eyes to find Ben Michaels, a loner from her high school whom Janelle has never talked to, leaning over her. And even though it isn't possible, she knows - with every fiber of her being - that Ben has somehow brought her back to life. But her revival, and Ben's possible role in it, is only the first of the puzzles that Janelle must solve. While snooping in her FBI agent father's files for clues about her accident, she uncovers a clock that seems to be counting down to something - but to what? And when someone close to Janelle is killed, she can no longer deny what's right in front of her: Everything that's happened - the accident, the murder, the countdown clock, Ben's sudden appearance in her life - points to the end of life as she knows it. And as the clock ticks down, she realizes that if she wants to put a stop to the end of the world, she's going to need to uncover Ben's secrets - and keep from falling in love with him in the process.

Why am I waiting? A clock counting down to something unknown? Tell me more, please! I've also heard from reviews that the worldbuilding is scientifically sound which is always a good thing.


Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date of Release: May 1, 2012 

Goodreads Description: Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns? 

Why am I waiting? I'm not going to lie ... there have been a lot of angel novels that have disappointed me. I'm still a sucker for them though so hopefully Sweet Evil will be one of the better ones out there.

12 comments:

  1. YAY ZAHIDA!!!! I can't even explain to you how much I loved both of these, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I'll be stalking your blog (not that I don't already) waiting for your thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for Sweet Evil, but I LOVED Unraveling! Especially Janelle. And Ben. And Janelle and Ben together. And the mystery and scientific theory. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks!! I am excited for both of them!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-40-pushing-limits.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to love Unraveling! I read & reviewed it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was such a great book. I'm also looking forward to Sweet Evil. There is definitely something about angel books that makes them so intriguing. Great picks!

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really liked UNRAVELING! It took me by surprise, in a really good way. I'm looking forward to SWEET EVIL, too, I'm right there waiting with you. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for both of these books! I debated on pre-ordering Sweet Evil but am settling for just buying it from my local bookstore!

    Emily // My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to both of these books also. Great Picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to get a finished copy of Sweet Evil! I really loved reading that book. Great WoW picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to (hopefully) LOVE Unraveling, Z -- I know I sure did!! It was epic and heartbreaking and kick-butt and intense and AMAZING all wrapped into one big package of awesomeness! SO SO GOOD! x) And I've been pretty let down by a bunch of angel books in the past too, so hopefully Sweet Evil breaks that code! :)

    Two amazing picks for your WOW this week, Z! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO excited about both novels! Like.. GIVE THEM TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!! XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, angel stories just don't do it for me, but I'm loving the cover for Sweet Evil, and I have high hopes!

    And, I'm so curious about Unraveling. I've read some really high and low reviews for it, so I'm dying to know what that is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Angel books haven't really impressed me so I'm hoping that Sweet Evil will be one of the better ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.