Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Instructions for a Broken Heart

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill at Breaking the Spine to feature upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on. 

Title: Instructions for a Broken Heart
Author: Kim Culbertson
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Date of Release: May 1, 2011 

Goodreads Description: Three days before her drama club's trip to Italy, Jessa Gardner discovers her boyfriend in the costume barn with another girl. Jessa is left with a care package from her best friend titled "Top Twenty Reasons He's a Slimy Jerk Bastard," instructing her to do one un-Jessa-like thing each day of the trip. At turns hilarious and heartwrenching, Instructions for a Broken Heart paints a magical Italy in which Jessa learns she must figure out life-and romance-for herself.

Why am I waiting? I love contemporary novels and this one sounds like it'll be a good but funny one. I can't wait to see what Jessa's best friend is going to make her do! Plus, it doesn't hurt that it's set abroad. I'm hoping there's going to be a hot Italian boy to drool over ;)

17 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of this! Kim Culbertson is one of my favorite authors! :) I hope you'll get to read this soon.


    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this definitely sounds like an adorable read. Great pick!

    Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this either! I am big contemp fan at the moment and also love books set abroad too. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this one is new to me it sounds really cute - going on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually got an ARC of this and enjoyed it a lot. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a new contemporary YA that I haven't even heard of yet! I love the premise. This book will definitely be on my to-read list.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one, sounds like such a cute fun read. Great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick!! I haven't heard of this one, but will definitely be checking it out! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an interesting book! Here's my WOW Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really cute. I'll add it to my TBR :)

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds awesome! The premise reminds me a bit of Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. Adding to my TBR list!

    Oh, and I'm a new follower. :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sound like a sweet and fun read. Hope you'll get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard of this one! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds wonderful. That last sentence makes it sound like there will be such an italian boy :). And I like her best friend already. What a good way to get Jessa's mind off things!

    Plus... Italy. I hope it's like Anna & the French Kiss was and gives us great descriptions of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty cover! I've just added this on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.