Friday, August 27, 2010

From Dusk 'Til Dawn Read-A-Thon and Updates

I was following the Dusk 'Til Dawn Read-a-thon co-hosted by Jenn at Book Crazy and Jami at YA Addict privately but officially joined tonight. So, my goal is to read a little bit of Shadow Hills tonight before going to bed. 

Aside from hoping to get quite some reading done within the next few days between 8 PM to 8 AM, I'm also going to try and participate in as many challenges as possible.  

Update on Night Two: I wasn't able to read for too long last night - only about half an hour - and so only read from pages 9 to 38 of Shadow Hills. Hopefully I'll be able to read for longer tonight.

Update on Night Three: I fell asleep after updating my entry for night two but I did manage to read pages 39 to 169 early in the morning from 4:45 to 6:00.

Update on Night Four: I read pages 182 to 168 tonight and am hoping to finish by either Monday night or Tuesday morning since I'm going to be coming home late tonight.

Final Update: Ugh, I actually didn't get a chance to read last night but I did read in the afternoon (and yes I know it doesn't count) which means that I'm now on page 302 rather than on page 168. 

Book Crazy's Mini-Challenge: If you could be read into a book, which book would it be and why? What is it about that story that you find utterly overpowering? Which world would you choose to lose what you have her on earth for? Click here for more information.

When I first read Jenn's challenge, I immediately thought, "That's easy! Hogwarts, duh!" I mean, who hasn't dreamed of getting a letter to Hogwarts one day telling them they're a witch/wizard? I'd also be able to perform magic, fly on a broomstick, watch a Quidditch match and get my mail delivered to me via an owl!

But then, I thought of something else. See, I found a loophole in Jenn's challenge :) I'd actually make myself be read into the Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne - a series I read in middle grade - and then could actually visit any world I wanted as well as the past and future. I'd no longer be limited to one world or time and when I'm tired, all I have to do is find the book I'd opened up and come right back to my time! Am I clever or what? 
  
Reading Through Life's Mini-Challenge: Write a post describing your ideal comfort food meal to break your hypothetical 15 hour fast one of the nights of this week's read-a-thon. Click here for more information.

My ideal comfort food meal would be something that's not too heavy and the first thing that popped into my head was rice and kebabs (probably because that's what I had tonight). I know that people think you can eat a lot if you don't eat anything the whole day but my stomach doesn't work that way. I like having tiny meals spread out through the day because eating too much makes me feel nauseated.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! Those kebabs look really good.

    Most people choose to eat a very small meal right at dusk, and then eat a larger meal a bit later on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Love your loop hole :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will reply back via either email or stopping by your blog. Please note that this is an award-free zone.